The Foundation for Veterinary Aid International is an entirely Quebec based foundation dedicated to helping animals in foreign countries.
FVAI’s mission is to:
- provide access to veterinary care to underprivileged populations where the ecosystem is being challenged by the overpopulation of domestic animals.
- educate and raise awareness in the population to the care needed for their animals.
- control animal overpopulation in the long term by holding spay and neuter clinics. Prevent the transmission of rabies and other intestinal parasites to humans by vaccinating and deworming their animals.
- contribute to the education of future veterinarians and animal health technicians during our projects.
Values and Vision
- Develop interventions that will have a positive, quantifiable, and lasting impact on the health of both animals and humans. Be artisans of change to the attitudes of the population through education. Rigorous and precise interventions, such as spay and neuter and care brought to the animals, greatly improves their health, increases their life expectancy, and as a result strengthens the human-animal bond.
- Practice equitable, lasting and eco-friendly tourism while respecting cultural differences at all times. We help and support local services. We minimize our eco-footprint during our spay and neuter clinics. We always respect the people and their culture, we act professional at all times and function with an open spirit and adaptability.